Hi Everyone! 🙂
Here is the list I did for London360 in September 2015 about DJ Manny Norte:
Manny Norte is Capital Xtra Presenter and DJ from London. He visited on the 28th September 2015 at the Media Trust in West London. Manny gave London360 Multimedia Genius Trainee Journalists a Masterclass on his life as a DJ and how he succeeded in the Radio Industry.
Here are ten things you may not know about Manny Norte:
- He loves to dance and used to get involved in fashion shows and music videos whilst studying Business Studies at Hammersmith College in London.
- Manny’s cousin bought him into the Music Industry and he gave out his Mixtapes to his friends to check them out.
- He worked on a Club night called Rotation which used to be on every Friday Night. He started working in the Cloakroom until he became the main resident DJ. This was also whilst he was studying for a degree in Business Management at Middlesex University.
- Manny used to pay subs to a Pirate Radio Station called Code 10 based in Ladbroke Grove, London to cut his teeth in the Radio Industry.
- He got noticed by a BBC Radio 1Xtra controller and was signed on to launch the station after giving a demo.
- He has won two MOBO Awards. The first was for being a part of one of the best Club nights and the second was for being the best Club DJ.
- He feels that he is the only DJ in the UK to work for all the major Radio Stations. These have been BBC Radio 1Xtra, KISS FM, Choice FM and Capital Xtra.
- He was at the right moment and time when DJing a Puma Music Event during the London 2012 Olympic Games. The Jamaica Relay Team who won and broke the Olympic Record attended the Event and he was pictured with them which the press noticed and asked for interviews.
- At a Jay Sean Party, Rihanna remembered Manny’s previous work and decided to stay on till the end of the night.
- He loves listening to the likes of rappers Wretch 32 and Stormzy. However, he has high praise for rapper Lethal Bizzle because he feels that Lethal knows what he is doing, always changing his brand and he is smart.
Feel free to share.