Hi Everyone! 🙂
Here is the List I wrote in September 2015 for London360 about my visit to Universal Music UK and especially Island Records UK:
The three experts are Darcus Beese OBE, Alex Boateng and Benny Scarrs. Island Records UK is part of the Universal Music Group and is located in London.
Here are their tips:
- Do not worry about the money and just focus on yourself.
- Get yourself out there and get noticed.
- Make sure that your music is good and do not settle for okay.
- Work with the best in the industry.
- Be authentic, be unique and be yourself.
- Have a reason for people to pick up the phone for you.
- Remember that you are dealing with Humans.
- It will take time and be patient when doing a campaign because no campaign is the same. For example; you have to go from pirate radio stations to small Radio stations before being played on stations such as Capital, Radio 1 and Kiss FM.
- Everyone is difficult in their own way and you need to know how to manage such people with ease.
- A quote from Darcus Beese: “The only way to get better is to f*** up.”
Island Records UK have a number of successful British Acts such as AlunaGeorge, Amy Winehouse, Disclosure, Dizzee Rascal, Florence + The Machine, Jessie J and Mumford & Sons.
Feel free to share it with anyone wanting to break into the Music Industry.