Hi Everyone! 🙂
Here is my list I did for London360 in October 2015 about Aaron Roach Bridgeman:
On the 5th October 2015, SBTV Presenter Aaron Roach Bridgeman visited the Media Trust in West London. He gave a Presenting Masterclass to London360 Multimedia Genius Trainee Journalists.
Aaron was originally from Harlesden in Northwest London and currently lives in Kenton, London. He became a SBTV Presenter when he successfully auditioned for the role and he is also a Spoken Word Artist.
His very first interview on SBTV was with Pop Artist Kelly Rowland and the video had over 500,000 views. He especially enjoyed interviewing Olympic Athlete Usain Bolt and Comedian Kevin Hart. His proudest moment was when his dad came from Barbados in the Caribbean to see him perform live.
Here are his top ten pieces of advice on how to succeed in the industry:
- Always stay professional and keep yourself focused.
- Make what you do your own and push yourself.
- The network you build around you becomes your net-worth. This can help you in the future.
- Helping others can help build yourself by passing off your skills.
- Be prepared to deal with things that are unexpected as change happens.
- Watch and observe closely the professional presenters on TV. For example, Reggie Yates, Adrian Chiles, Davina McCall and Miquita Oliver.
- Look out for online, underground or fresh starting companies that are willing to take on presenters. You must research, get in contact, get yourself inside the mix and working.
- Research is very important whether be it a live show or when interviewing somebody.
- By doing vocal exercises it will help get the mouth free. For example, young people tend to slur through the over usage of slang.
- Finally, remember to be yourself and maintain a natural personable nature.
Feel free to share.