Hi Everyone! 🙂
Here is my list I did for London360 in September 2015 about Jessica Huie MBE:
Jessica Huie MBE is the founder of the multicultural greeting card company called Color Blind Cards and Boutique PR Agency called JH Public Relations. She visited on the 29th September 2015 to the Media Trust in West London. She gave a Masterclass on PR to London360 Multimedia Genius Trainee Journalists.
Jessica gave ten pieces of advice on how to be successful in PR:
- Try and personally connect with your clients. This is because this is what Jessica wanted to do once she left her job at a well known PR Agency. She felt there was no personal connection with the celebrities she worked with at the time.
- Be dedicated to reach your own goal and failure is not an option.
- You must lay down the foundations of your career first before anything else. Also it is all about multitasking too. Jessica had to balance being a Single Mother, a Job and University all at once.
- Make yourself visible and be brave to get yourself known.
- It is important to maintain those relationships you have built up as they will be useful in the future.
- There was a quote from Bill Gates which Jessica felt was important and useful to those wanting to succeed in the Industry. The quote from Bill Gates was: “If I was down to my last dollar, I would spend it on Public Relations.”
- Having the ability to write and being creative will help you in the long run. Having creativity is also a huge part of PR.
- Be really authentic and integral with yourself. Being able to sleep well at night is also important because you can’t put a value on that.
- By shutting up your inner negative voice you can focus more on the goal in hand.
- Finally, remember to stay true to who you are and pay close attention to your thoughts.
Feel free to share.