Written for London360 in June 2016:
It’s no secret that I love watching Japanese cartoons known as Anime and playing Video Games. My very first video game was Pokemon Red when I was eight years old and my very first console was the GameBoy Color. The very first Anime I watched was a given (Pokemon) and watched it on Sky 1 religiously every day after school.
So here are my Top 5 Video Games:
5) Sims 4 – I’ve played the franchise since Sims 2 on the GameCube and still miss the story mode. However, the recent game has done an excellent job with their latest update of having more LGBT Characters and no gender-specific clothing.
4) Mario Kart – I’ve played the gaming series since I was eight on the N64 in Sydney, Australia. I still play the game with family or on my own with the Wii version or on my 3DS. I will challenge anyone of my friends who can beat me on Rainbow Road (the friendship destroyer).
3) League of Legends – This was introduced to me during my final year of University and used to play it as one of the support characters. It was a challenging but fun game playing with friends or even random strangers shouting at me for being a noob (Newbie).
2) Minecraft – Also introduced to me through friends who played the game and went through adventure maps. I even featured in a few videos and had a short spell as a video game commentator. I still play the game and have created some worlds within the sandbox game.
1) Pokemon – Fell in love with the games and still play them to this very day. I am looking forward to the latest ones coming out in late 2016 called Pokemon Sun and Moon.
Here are my Top 4 Anime Shows:
4) Beyblade – During high school there was a lot of interest in this Anime show and I had my own collection of spin-tops with blades which were also a part of the show. There were battles in the school corridors and they were actually banned too.
3) Digimon – There were always comparisons between this show and Pokemon. I liked both but Pokemon was way better with their games. The one thing I loved about Digimon was the catchy show tune.
2) Pokemon – I just lost interest after the Hoenn episodes but enjoy watching the latest ones in Japanese with English Subtitles.
1) DragonBall Z – Hands down my favourite Anime of all time and grew up watching it during high school and into College. Not even DragonBall and DragonBall GT could beat this. Let’s forget that there was even a live-action Hollywood Movie.
(All GIFs from Giphy)